The festival is made up of screenings, workshops, exhibitions and talks.
Register as a delegate to guarantee your seat at
• the Festival opening
• the Premiere of our student films created by the graduating Science & Natural History Filmmaking students at the Regent Theatre
• talks by some of the worlds leading exponents of storytelling and factual communication
• workshops by experts who will help you hone your communication skills
• Screenings of cutting edge documentaries: science, natural history, environmental
• Literature and Lager: readings in a pub from Creative Nonfiction Writing students graduating from the Centre for Science Communication and well-known authors
•Presentation of works by the graduating Popularizing Students from the Centre for Science Communication
Delegates: NZ$ $150 (GST incl)
Students: NZ$ $115 (GST incl)
University of Otago Alumni: NZ$ $115(GST incl)
Click here to be transferred to our secure registration page
NOTE: Registrations close at midnight on 18th of October.
Selected individual events will be open to non-delegates (if space is available) by door sales (Information is listed on the Programme page with the detail about each event)
Originally known as the Wild South International Film Festival (in association with the Festival of Colour, Wanaka, NZ) the inaugural ScienceTeller festival was held in Dunedin at the University of Otago in 2011. The festival is a showcase for some of the best non-fiction films from around the world together with other creative works exploring the intersection of narrative and science.
If you have any questions that cannot be found on this site please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
© 2013 Centre for Science Communication